BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Plan Sucked Anyways......

Well.......It's not MY fault (lol) but I deviated from the plan slightly. The night before B day my son Gabriel stepped on a nail. At first it didn't look so bad but by the next morning it was obviously far worse than I thought. I couldn't take him in right away because I had to wait for Troy's bus. After Troy was off to school I immediately got Gabe in the van (still in jammies) and took him to Urgent Care. When I got there I immediately felt relieved as there were only 2 other patients waiting besides us.

 We got in right away. The assisting nurse asked us what they were seeing him for and I told her. About a minute later she said,very loudly, "Oh my gosh!" I asked her what was wrong and she said, "You are not going to believe this but we saw him for the same thing last year on September 18th." I thought to myself,dear God don't let this be a yearly event. The nurse got all her info and said the typical nurse phrase "the doctor will be with you shortly."...So an hour passes and finally the doctor comes in with an assistant. He looks at the foot and I could tell he was a tad shocked. He asks a ton of questions and then say's "let's get an x-ray."

We get an x-ray.

We are told that from the looks of it the nail hit bones and pushed them apart but that we should be more worried about possible infection.

A couple more hours pass while we wait for a radiologist to read the x-rays. Then we finally get word that though it hit the bones that he should be fine...something about him still growing....yadda yadda

While waiting yet again I receive a phone call;

"Mrs. Novak?"

Me: Yes?

"This is Mr's So and so, I am Troy's teacher."

Me: Oh Hi!

Teacher: Troy has a temperature of 102 degrees,we need for you to come and get him.

Me: (Really!?) Ok I am actually at Urgent care with another child but I'll have a family member come over and get him.

Teacher: Ok,thank you.......click

So I call back and forth between my mom,my sister in law and Laszlo and finally after a while we figure something out. My father in law would go get him. Well father in law got lost for an hour so we then sent my dad...and BAM contact. My dad picked up Troy and I breathed a sigh of relief.

So meanwhile we are about 4 hours into our wait at Urgent Care and finally the doctor comes back and says that he's like to take the scab off and clean out some debris. So he left again to go get the tools and whatever else and came back in about half an hour. He finally got down to business. He took the scab off and he told me as he was cleaning it that he found pieces of rubber(from his shoe) and fibers from his socks in it. Then he said "uh-oh we have a problem." Now I had been watching this the whole time and I saw nothing. He then said "He is already full of puss." Lemme' tell ya he drained some out and that stuff is brown nastiness, it smells something awful. He cultured it at this time.So anyways. the doctor gave me orders to go to the hospital and get IV antibiotics for him.


So long story short,this sucker is taking it's sweet time in healing and Gabe is on VANKO which is some of the strongest antibiotics out there. they were only going to do 2 doses but he is already up to 4 doses and has several more to go.

During this time it has been non-stop go go go finding babysitters,people to pick up kids from bus stops etc. There is so much more ridiculousness to this story but I am way to tired to even check my grammar and spelling as I am sure you can tell. I will further update you all later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They don't warn you about those kind of days in the parenting manual.

NaomiO said...

so much for your birthday plan:( now I get to see what I have to look forward to!