BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So Irritated

As most know I have started my children and I on the GF/CF free diet which is going better than thought. However I must vent about all the stupid people that do not study up on the diet and then make websites about the diet with recipes that have eggs in them or rice products. You cannot have eggs on the GF/CF diet because they contain casein ( look up egg white paint or casein paint). You cannot have rice products(rice syrup,rice milk etc.) because they contain barley enzymes or in other words "gluten." Heck I recently spent 16$ on a cookbook called "The Autism Cookbook," and it even made some boo-boo's. Although the cookbook was not well put together in the first place. There was obviously no proof reading, some pictures do not match recipes at all and some ingredients are missing. So in other words I should not be surprised that they made some boo-boo's!

 I guess what I'm getting at is if you haven't completely researched and studied something don't go and make a website that gives people half assed advice about it. In this case some people could get really sick. Some people...ugghhh!

I should mention that you can have rice on this diet but if you're using it for the benefit of a child with autism than you should avoid rice. Reason being that research has found that rice,especially rice from the US, carries 4x the amount of arsenic deemed safe. Really when was even minute amounts of arsenic ok?....Ok..vent over for now..hehe

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When you're wearing old lace?

britt6 said...

Yeah, when you're wearin' it up to your chin......