BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sad Face

                                                    CHAPTER 20

   Couldn't sleep last night, I have no idea why. Sleepless nights always make for drawn out day's. I got Paul and Troy on the their buses and off to school by 8:20. I went at head and hit the books with Gabe right away, we finished Math by 9:00. I decided to take Gabe and Emma out for breakfast with my parents and a long time family friend, "Jerry." The kids shared pancakes,bacon and apple juice. I had a skillet dish with everything in it and Lord know's why, but I ordered a Pepsi with it. Anyways, enough about food, the fellowship was nice. Jerry has been a family friend since before I was born and in recent months he has become very ill so time with him is even more precious now. It's odd how thing's work out that way. Breakfast didn't last long as Jerry was getting to tired to sit and visit so my parents had to take him home. I decided not to stick around either as I had to make sure I was home when troy got off the bus.

  Once troy was home(12:30, a lil' late) we had a snack and then I put the younger two down for a nap. Gabe and i then tackled Phonics. After the lesson I gave Gabe the choice of a movie or a half hour of online computer games. He chose to watch Transformers 2......again. No matter,I did the usual routine of picking up the floor area that my kids seem to think  is just one big trash can. Interestingly enough Gabe was bored with the movie within 15 minutes so we turned it off and he decided he wanted a bubble bath....which I thought was kinda odd but I obliged him so I could fulfill my selfish want off checking Facebook and Cafemom,lol. After the fantastic bubble bath was over we tackled Language Arts, which I am now realizing we didn't actually finish, I forgot to read the story of the Little Red Hen to him, oh well..tomorrow.

  Paul came home a little early so I decided to hurry and get the last subject of Art finished and over with.  Once that was toast Paul got in his half hour on the computer and I continued my earlier adventure of picking up plus laundry and dishes, I even  managed to clean the boys room. For dinner I cracked open a can of good old chicken noodle soup and then we had sliced apples with caramel and milk. It's kinda funny, I generally cook from scratch and when I do the kids generally scoff at it. I pop open a can,however, and they eat every last drop, I really hope that people aren't fibbing when they tell me my cooking is good,lol.
After dinner the kids seemed to go crazy, there was constant screaming, fighting etc. By 7:30 I had HAD it. I bathed Emma and Troy got them in bed and Gabe and Paul followed close behind. I did have Gabe sleep in my room, he is generally the instigator so once I take him out of that picture the kiddo's generally fall asleep quickly and they definitely did tonight, they were out within minutes. I guess this means and early morning.

  With the kids asleep I took advantage of our new "antennae" and finally got to watch an episode of American Idol, I am not impressed yet, maybe it's just a rough night. I am actually watching as I write this.


  Before I go I gotta give quick props to my hubby, he had bought and had lunch with a homeless man today. This man told him his life's story of a happy family broke by adultery and alcoholism. He said he had a son going for his masters in college and a daughter going for her bachelors. Laz didn't go into detail about what all was said but I was so proud of him for caring so much for a stranger.

0 comments: