BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 14, 2010

People Watching and Funny Smells

 I have this issue, more or less a disease if you well. I am addicted to "watching people." I frequently go to public places just so I can see new and interesting faces. I like to sit back and read facial expressions and come to conclusions about what people are thinking. Today was an excellent day for this.


                                                 CHAPTER 3


      Today is the day of "Love," Valentines Day. This year I decided to celebrate by involving myself in an art show and wine tasting at Mark's Ridge Winery just outside of Lebanon,OR. There where approx. 15 artist showing and three of us (including muah) did live demonstrations. Between demo's I watched people,took in details from their faces,read into their expressions and body language and got the giggles when I filled in their silent conversations for them;) The things people say without realizing it are sometimes the funniest. Needless to say there were alot of interesting people there and wine, lots and lots of wine so those interesting folks only got more interesting as the show progressed. Things started to wind down by 4:30 pm and we started packing our artwork, trinkets and treasures away. I grabbed a few cards and a couple little gifts and said my goodbye's. Laz, Paul and Gabriel came to pick me up and whisk me away home. All in all it was a nice little show with many opportunities to see some new and interesting faces.

   Though the show and all was fun I was glad to be headed home as I had a massive headache at that point and I was super tired. On the way home Laz, the boy's and I chit chatted as usual. Everything from bacon to pillows was discussed. Occasionally we would have to put a halt to the chatter in order to remark about another dead skunk by the road and the horrific smell. Tonight was one of the worst. Three skunks, the dairy farm and what smelled like a pile of burning rubber all while we were on our way home. I think every couple of miles I came close to retching, it was pretty bad. I must admit we do get alot of road kill around here but tonight seemed especially pungent. By the time we arrived home I felt so relieved. Never before had I been so happy to come home to the smell of our Vick's vapor wall plug in.
  

0 comments: