BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 12, 2010

Introductions

My name is Brittany but you can call me Britt.I am a stay at home mother to four children 5 if you include the cute goofy older man I like to call my husband. I decided to start blogging in hopes that it would be as cathartic as everyone say's it is. I plan to document my everyday life with my family for 365 days, starting with this post.

                                                              DAY 1

                      There was no school today so I was under the impression that I would be able to sleep in, I was wrong. I was awoken by my cell phone at around 7:30 am. The voice at the other end said " Hi, are we still on for the meeting at 9?" I had forgotten that I had an in home conference with two of my youngest son's learning coaches from Early Intervention. I of course couldn't say no, I just don't have that ability in me,*sigh*. So I got up as fast as possible in order to make breakfast for all the kiddo's and have time to clean my disaster of a house. I was in the process of  vacuuming up crumbs for the third time in the morning when I realized my youngest son was running around naked once again and the learning coaches were at the door. I ran to the closet and got a diaper for him, of course he protested because to him skin is just another form of clothing, so why add more. Anyways, then I ran to the door and let the learning coaches,Scott and Miranda, in. They were very nice and understanding of the situation.......Thank God.

                    The meeting went well despite the younger two's constant bickering and protest. By the time Scott and Miranda left it was time for lunch ( Noodles with veggies and sliced apples) and a surprise visit from my brother who flew in overnight from a land very far away called Maryland ;)  My brother is in the military so I have only been able to visit with him maybe a handful of times since he joined the ROTC program in college nearly 20 years ago. So it was a wonderful surprise not to mention he bought some of my artwork boosting my ego just a tad. After we parted ways it was back to the hum drum of homeschooling our middle son,changing diapers and frequent peeks at the wonderful thing called "the internet." My husband will be home soon and I probably should start dinner, what to cook?

0 comments: