BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Emma the Parrot and the Alphabet

                                                     CHAPTER 12

  I learned today that my 19 month old will say anything you ask of her. I was able to squeeze the alphabet out of her this evening which shocked me to say the least. I have been taking care of children with varying degree's of disabilities for so long that any bit of what's considered normal by societies standards, just blows my mind. Maybe being able to prod your 19 month old to say the alphabet is normal or "average" but for me it was a huge deal. She was even able to recognize  and point out the letter "E" all on her own. I wonder if this is from all the homeschooling stuff I been doing around her. Maybe she's picking up on that. Or maybe I am in the mist of a genius. Perhaps it's time to introduce her to the theory of relativity or Newton's equation:)

0 comments: