BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Another day another Diaper

                                                                    CHAPTER 2



 Didn't get much in the way of sleep last night. New medication I've been taking has decided to mess with my metabolism. So at 1 am my body decided is was starving. I ate some fruit and some cottage cheese hoping that it would hold me. I finally crept into bed around 1:30 and crashed but it was brief. Close to 3 I was awoken by our youngest child, Emma. She was screaming at the top of her lungs.My hubs,Laz, got up with her so I felt relieved thinking I could go back to sleep. A few minutes after he left he came back and informed me that I needed to change Em's diaper. So I got up changed Em, got her back to sleep and I headed back to bed. At around 3am I was awoken again by our 4 year old Troy, as he crawled into bed with us. Then again, I was awoken at around 5am by Laz's cellphone. A friend called to let him know he wouldn't be able to help us mount our TV on the wall today since he's been in the office all night. I did not get back to sleep after that, rather I rolled around in bed with the hopes that sleep would find me but it was in fact "elusive."

   The morning was a little better but I was so groggy even the simplest of task seemed daunting. Even getting my make-up on for a girls luncheon was difficult to do as my eyelids felt heavy. I managed to get the basics done and was headed out the door when my babysitter let me know that they wouldn't be able to watch the kids. This wasn't going to work since it was suppose to be a kid-free get together, just a break for the "mommies." So I got all gussied up for nothing. I decided to take the kiddo's to my parents place so they could play with their cousins for awhile, they had a blast and I got to visit with the family for a bit.

   We said our goodbyes at around 4pm and headed back home. We came home to an empty house. I don't know where Laz is and my phone is dead and charger is missing. For now I am just going to assume he is helping a friend or his mother.

      While settling in I noticed Troy is almost asleep, so I lay him down and go about picking up the house. Within a few minutes I hear troy bouncing on his bed laughing. At this point I know that nap time isn't happening.I just let him jump, if I were to stop him now I would grow def from the high pitched screams of protest. A little while later I hear Gabriel yelling, " Mommy Troy took his diaper off and it is poopy,EWWWWWWW."  When I got up to survey the scene I was instantly hit by the aroma of  cinnamon rolls and freshly mown grass.........ok that was a lie, it was more reminiscent of a dairy farm. I grabbed Troy and got him in the shower and washed him off, then started him a bath and let him play in there awhile. In the meantime I muster up the courage to head back to his bedroom. All the while fear is running down my spine. Fear that the room is now painted a shade of brown. I flung open the door deciding to face my foe but where was it? My eye's finally settled on a small pile of material on the dresser. Which in fact was a loaded diaper but luckily there was only slight damage. A slight smear on the dresser and one on the blue penguin shaped humidifier on-top of their dresser.

The shenningans is all over now and things are finally starting to settle down. I now have dinner to look forward to and  barring another bedroom disaster, a great night's sleep as well.

0 comments: