BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Diet Phobia

Well today is payday and the day in which I begin to implement our new GF/CF diet. Well, for the next two weeks we are just going dairy free but that is still going to be a dramatic change for a family that chugs milk and coats everything in Parmesan and asiago. I've been doing a lot of reading on the TACA website about how to start the diet and build upon it.I have to say that I am not too thrilled about all the restrictions and how complicated things get once you hit the 10 week mark. I am also not looking forward to the withdrawals(which I am sure I'll be documenting on here.) I know there are substitutions to all my beloved products(milk,yogurt,cheese) but according to the diet it is best to avoid the substitutions until you are well into the diet otherwise there was some shenanigans about carb overload and yeast build up...I don't know what it was all about.Honestly at that point I gave up reading as it only made me want to cry,lol.

  The diet itself is not the only problem. There is also the problem of implementing outside the home (ie;relatives,schools,friends and families houses) ,well I guess even some issues within the home. I mean my husband is probably going to be the biggest issue in this whole whoop-di-doo.The diet is expensive and that is going to be a factor as is the fact that hub's is a junk food/candy addict and has a whole shelf in the kitchen dedicated to this stuff. Now I realize he doesn't need to go on the diet but in my opinion it's an all or nothing diet. It's far to expensive to buy certain foods for one person in the house and another kind for everyone else. Blah blah blah now I'm running away with myself.....

0 comments: