BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Bachelor called "Bear"

   I was reminded of a funny story yesterday about my father and several of his buddies and their endevours to save a reformed self proclaimed "bachelor named "Bear."

  For those of you who don't know my father was a wild man. He raced motorcycles (flat track and enduro) and was even ranked. He also raced multiple other things. This is how he met Bear a ZZ top front man look alike who had been radically saved and was crazy about Jesus. I suppose many things changed about Bear when he began a relationship with Jesus one of which was his aversion to settling down and starting a family. This is where the real fun begins.

  Bear had recently gotten engaged (finally!) and all was well until my father received a unusual call from Bear one day. Bear,who was also an avid motorcycle lover had rebuilt a motorcycle....in his living room and then realized it would not fit out his front door...*facepalm*....
He asked my father to come over and help him get their bike out so that his new bride would have room to move in. My dad and another friend,Todd Elkins, went over to Bears place to try and help him out. When they got there they realized there wasn't much else to do but laugh. I am sure Bear appreciated his friends reaction,LOL! After everything settled down then came time to actually figure out how to get this motorcycle out of the old bachelor pad. Did I mention this was not just a motorcycle but a giant chopper...*Even bigger facepalm*......

  Eventually Todd and my dad settled on removing a giant bay window in Bear's living room which actually worked out well except for the fact that Bear lived in a rental home.......I guess the owner was not to thrilled about the window, I'm guessing at this point he didn't realize Bear had rebuilt a chopper in his livingroom. All's well that ends well. Dad ,Todd and Bear were able to remove and replace the window without breaking it and the owner didn't charge anything.

  I believe there is more to this story but I'll have to get it out of my dad. He told it to me awhile ago and I wanted to document it before he went to downhill mentally and before I forgot . When I catch him on one of his good days I'll be sure to get the whole story out of him,LOL!

0 comments: