BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 12, 2010

What have I done?

I took it upon myself to make a whimsical cake for Em's birthday. My artistic side say's "GO BIG AND GAUDY!" My practical side said buy a Safeway cake. I compromised between my two halves and bought stuff at Safeway to make a cake...LOL! So, in reality my artistic side won out and I am now the proud owner of a bunch of specialty baking tools. Here's the run down: 6 pounds of confectioners sugar,5 pounds of flour,4 pounds of butter,2 dozen eggs,2 gallons milk........fondant rolling pin,fondant cutting tool,glycerin,pink and green fondant coloring gel and two more tiny cake pans...all this in order to make a mad hatter cake. Then I also bought some 7UP and mandarin orange sherbert so I could make "fruity fizz." I have a feeling it's going to be yet another long night of baking but well worth it.I can't wait to get my hands on that fondant...woohoo!

0 comments: