BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This is the Day that Never Ends

                                                     CHAPTER 25

  It's been one of those days. You know the kind that drive normal women like myself (ha!) to do crazy things like eat abnormally large amounts of chocolate,ripping one's hair out, drinking copious amounts of coffee and leaving us with the overwhelming urge to sit and cry.

  My children seemed to have some sort of vendetta against me today and I don't even know why. Perhaps it was because I wouldn't let them just have carnation instant breakfast this morning. Maybe it was the fact that I made them clean their room or worse yet perhaps it was because I'm a stickler for consistent discipline,lol. Whatever the case today was filled with lots of screaming (surprisingly not me),hitting,biting and crying(that might have been me). Truth be told it wasn't the worst day I've had but it seems when one child has a massive burnout the others are soon to follow. A sort of snowball effect or domino, if you will.

  The day seemed to drag on forever because of the foul mood hanging over us. Homeschooling took forever today because I constantly had to stop what we were doing so I could break up Em and Troy. Though Troy is 3 years Emma's senior they are at about the same age mentally. So it's basically two,two year olds, which is pretty much a love,loath relationship. I guess it wasn't slow just because of that though. Gabe started semester two of his Phonics and it's been a real change up. I think it'll at least take a week or two before we get use to this new schedule.

  When Paul got home all hell broke loose. Sometimes I think I might as well set up a boxing ring in the living room and just let him and Gabriel go at it. If I could put percentages on everything I'd have to say that the "tattling" went up 70%, the crying,hitting and screaming went up 90%. I am glad to say that they are all in bed right now and things are finally quieting down.

  Don't get me wrong I love my kids but there are days where I am completely overwhelmed by everything. It's like suddenly everything hits me at once and I feel frantic. I could sit here and type out everything that weighs on me but I know I must not do that, I must leave it at the cross.

0 comments: