BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Planning for a party

                                                     CHAPTER 32

  So I recently have been inspired by a movie to do a dinner party and dessert buffet towards the end of Summer. For the last week and a half to two weeks I have been going through recipe after recipe. I finally found a recipe today that looks worthy of such an affair. I was thinking of going with Cornish hens or quail in the first place but this recipe really stuck out to me, it's "Cornish Hens with Kasha Pilaf."

I was also hoping to add some seafood to this affair but I haven't really found any winners in that category yet. I do,however, have many ideas about the dessert. For one thing the whole theme of the party will be "Chocolate", so of course much of the dessert buffet will be chocolate.









One thing I highly reccomend for any chocolate lover is

Gianduja (Zan-doo-ya). It was created in Italy many years ago when chocolate was being rashioned(sp?).  Italians quickly learned that in order to make their chocolate last they had to add something to it, so they add ground,pureed,chopped etc, hazelnuts. Wham o' now we have Gianduja, us Americans generally know it as "Nutella." Now the Gianduja dessert I am speaking of is like the epitome of all things chocolate. I could not find a picture of the cake I am going to make but I found one similar in ingredients.  Now these are not the only things I wish to make but their a good start I think. At least my 8 year old thinks the chocolate cake is a good place to start.;)

0 comments: